Career Services assists students in both personal and interpersonal career preparation so that they may ultimately thrive in their chosen profession. Staff not only provide guidance through one-on-one meetings and group workshops, but also seek to connect students to the professional community through networking events, professional panels, employer presentations, career fairs, and more.
CAREER ADVISE & COUNSELING
- Please email Career Services during the summer sessions to schedule an appointment.
Career exploration & Counseling
Select the link below to schedule an appointment with a UT Austin career counselor to discuss majors, career exploration, graduate school planning, personal statements, and more.
The UTSOA Job Board hosts internship, full-time, and freelance opportunities. This resource is available only to UTSOA students and alumni.
NOTICE: Career Services provides a free-of-charge job posting service and makes no recommendations regarding potential employers or student employees. All negotiations are handled directly between the student and employer. Employers and students are urged to perform due diligence when offering, applying for, or accepting private, off-campus employment.
Need a quiet room for an upcoming phone or video conferencing interview? Reserve West Mall Building 5.112 online and pick up the key from the Dean's Office (Goldsmith Hall 2.308). This space is equipped with a desk and chairs, along with an ethernet port and cable.
- Gaining Experience as a Student
- Networking Tips
- Safe Social Networking
- LinkedIn Guide
- Cover Letter Guide
- Work Samples vs. Portfolios
- Professional Portfolio Guide
- Professional Portfolio Tips
- Portfolio Printing Guide
- A Guide for Your First Resume
- Advanced Resume Guideline
- Resume Action Words
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) Guide
- Interview Advice
- Questions to Ask in an Interview
- Interview Follow-Up
- Land a Job Offer & Negotiate Effectively
- Student Business Cards
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION, & ASSOCIATIONS
The Texas Board of Architectural Examiners (TBAE) administers the licensure process for Architects, Landscape Architects, and Interior Designers who seek registration in the state of Texas.
- Interior Design:
National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ)
American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
American Society of Interior Design - Texas Chapter (ASID Texas)
International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
- Landscape Architecture:
- Historic Preservation:
- Additional Resources:
U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
U.S. Green Building Council - Central Texas/Balcones Chapter
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
Urban Land Institute (ULI)
Urban Land Institure - Austin Chapter (ULI Austin)
JOB SITES FOR UT STUDENTS AND ALUMNI
- HireUTexas is an online database of full-time positions and internships available to UT students and alumni.
- Hirealonghorn is an online database of part-time jobs designed to help UT students pay their way through school, and in so doing, assist employers who are hoping to fill part-time and seasonal positions.