Born and raised in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Néstor is currently working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant in the School of Architecture at the University of Texas at Austin. He is a student in the Master of Interior Design. He graduated from Universidad Iberoamericana (UNIBE) in 2014 with a Bachelor of Architecture, Summa Cum Laude.
Before starting his graduate program, Néstor worked in Santo Domingo in firms that focused on Architectural Design, Lighting Design and Interior Design.
He is interested in how spatial design and its characteristics can shape and influence human life. Through his designs, he seeks to create healthy environments that promote human development and reflect local character. He is passionate about his Caribbean heritage and Education; his Masters Final Project focuses on the design of an Educational Community Center that caters academic and vocational training to all people in rural areas of the Dominican Republic.
Photography, Anthropology and Visual Arts are among his other passions... and coffee.
- Master of Interior Design Candidate - The University of Texas at Austin (2016-2018)
- Bar and Restaurant Design - Altos de Chavón, la escuela de diseño (2015)
- Academic Exchange Program - Universidad Piloto de Colombia (2012)
- Bachelor of Architecture - Universidad Iberoamericana (2010-2014)
- Interior Design
- Lighting Design
- Social Interest Design
- The Caribbean and Latin America